The laboratory analyzes samples mainly from religious relics (images, paintings, manuscripts, textiles, etc.) and other items of cultural heritage. Also dealing with the study of micro / nano-morphology samples and evaluation of surface maintenance methods.
More specifically, the workshop focuses on the following areas:
- Study of stratigraphy cased samples of paintings and samples of other cultural objects.
- Observation of the color, the structure, morphology and particle size of the individual layers.
- Assessment of material fluorescence .
- Elemental analysis of microsample relics (identification of pigments, metal mordant dyes etc)
- Study of the morphology of samples in order to evaluate the effect of aging mechanisms.
- Evaluation of surface preservation methods.